How do I sign up for the program?
A: You can register your account HERE first.
a) Confirm your email (check spam!) after you do.
b) Choose a LITE membership or apply to be a featured designer once you have met the requirements. You can upgrade at any time if you are not ready now, just join as a LITE member for now.
Are eDesign U courses included?
A: They are separate entities. eDesign U courses teach you HOW to run an eDesign business and the platform gives you the tools to elevate yourself.
If we sign up for the platform (even the Lite version) we’ll have access to training on how to use the rendering?
A: Yes, training videos and an onboarding project are already in place for active users for the current (initial) version of the program. We will have webinars with members of the software company to answer further questions.
Is there a trial period offered?
A: No there is not. Fellow designer, and eDesign Tribe founder, Jenna, has fully funded this program herself and pays per user on the platform. You can join as a lite member for $37/ MTM (save more with a 6 mo plan or 1 year) and cancel at any time.
Is there an affiliate program for the platform?
A: Not yet, but coming soon!
Can I use the rendering software for my full-service (“Traditional”) design clients where I do all the purchasing?
A: “Traditional designers” can upload products and use their wholesale trade account pricing, you will just be responsible for getting the product models you need with the information provided above. Yes. When phase 2 is released, you will be able to link your products anywhere you’d like so if that means to an invoice for a trade item, you can sell them through your render directly to an invoice. It also generates a final shopping list and you can edit any URL’s there to go to invoices or your own store on your site.
Who owns the renders after we create them?
A: You do- here are our terms and conditions. The only time we will share content coming from our designers is if they use it on their profiles or tag us on social media and they must be a Featured designer- not a LITE member. So yes, we house the program as an enterprise account for rendering but you can export your files at any time and we really have no need to access them unless you request help. I own this company with no investors, my #1 goal is to have a place on the internet that’s not out to rip off designers but instead to provide them with the exposure (if the want it) and tools they need to be better as independant firms. No alterior motives just respect and integrity for the industry
Can I use actual products in these renders?
Yes! There are 3 ways to do this.
- Use the existing “white label” product catalog and edit the textures and finishes of the models to be what you need for your project. You can not alter the construction of the model in the program- only the scale, size, and finishes.
- We are curating our shared “Enterprise” library with the selections from our Onboarding project. Designers select their favorite products from our eShop (our eCommerce store with an affiliate program) products that will be launching later this month. We will pay to create the models for products in the eShop. Soon you can link these products to your affiliate link for the program and get a commission when they sell. This library will be constantly growing as vendors send us their products for you to use. Products will start to be added at the end of February.
- Upload your own products into your “Personal Library”. These products can be found in the free or low price model libraries (same as you would use in Sketchup) and be uploaded with the product data to your individual library. Soon our program will allow you to add a link to make these shoppable (phase 2).
When we upload our own models we have made- into our personal library, are those only in our library or are they shared? I say this only because I have spent tons of money doing them.
A: All eShop requests and models will be added to the enterprise library and is shared by all. All outside vendor models you have created can be shared if you want (we will put an incentive program in place for that when we get going) or just uploaded to your personal library for your own use.
Can you add your own textures to the rendering system?
A: Yes you can upload textures or “finishes” just like models to the program.
I’ve never learned SketchUp or Photoshop, so I am overwhelmed and intimidated. I don’t know where to start!
A: You don’t need to know Photoshop or Sketchup to use this program. The only thing integration with SketchUp is the 3D product models you can add from a Sketchup product file but we give you resources to find free or low price models for your projects that may be outside our current library or the enterprise library offerings. We have accounts set up to facilitate that and have them built for $45/model or less- More info coming soon.
How do I export a floor planner (program) file?
A: You can’t. Floorplanner does not talk with other programs which is why we have switched to this one.
How do I change the color of fabric and furniture?
A: Make sure you are in 3D mode and click the piece then the black tab- material editor to change the color of fabric/pillows.
Trim work is so easy to create and you can also upload your color chips for materials.
When can I upload a photo and design room from that?
A: You can build your model to look like the photo or upload a CAD file or other floorplan to trace over. There are training tutorials that teach you how to do it on the platform. You can’t take a photo image and render over it, it will need to be recreated and built in the program. If you’d like to add products to a photo, Jenna’s Rendering course (sold separately in eDesignU.com) teaches how to do this in Photoshop, it’s called “Drop-in Staging”.
I’ve been designing bathrooms in Homestyler. Can I actually export done rooms from there and import them here and re-render ?
A: This program uses SketchUp and 3dsmax product files, so if you can export products in this format into a floorplan you created in the program, then yes. You can’t upload a full plan and try to process a render, it must be pieced together and built-in this program one model at a time- but you will be able to make your render walkthrough shoppable this way!
I work with DWG files.Will I be able to import DWG into this software?
A: Yes and it exports dwg as well.
Can we design kitchens and baths with this program?
A: Yes, anything you can bring in from a SketchUp 3d model you can use here too or change colors and finishes on models in the white label library.
Is the software capable of multi-level ceiling heights, loft with open floor below, electrical switches and outlets, can you switch out material and change the color of material and elements, can you custom build items if needed?
A: Yes you can do multilevel plans. Yes, you can place all the electrical you need, and I know there are a few large brands that have models for their switches in the 3Dwarehouse that you can upload. All materials can be changed, and you can upload COM textures as needed to apply to selections. You can build custom cabinetry and built-ins but it does not allow you to create furniture pieces.
Does it only import from Sketchup? I use Chief Architect but like the look and feel of these renders better.
A: Yes, only SketchUp models or if you can convert anything to a SketchUp file it will work. You can upload any skp or 3ds file for products into the floorplan you create in the program or import from a CAD file.
- How customizable is the room – bump-outs, ceilings, architecture??
A: Just like you would in any other rendering program. You build your room from scratch and control all the architecture yourself.
How will the new affiliate program work when it is released later in February?
A: The 10% affiliate program coming to the new eShop (eDesigntribe.com eCommerce store) is only available for platform members. It is the missing link between wholesale trade programs and passive income. It is for designers that don’t want to coordinate eDesign clients shipping across the country and want to earn $ on the product. Its also for PASSIVE income for the design in 5 boards coming soon for added revenue streams. The eShop is curated with wholesale catalogs from vendors that drop ship- you simply use your affiliate link or code (coming in Phase 3) to the product anywhere online and when a consumer purchases, you get a 10% commission. We handle the order, shipping, and correspondence with the person that orders.
I don’t have a big following on social media and I get rejected from a lot of affiliate programs, can I get into the platform affiliate program?
A: Every active member of the platform is a member of the affiliate program (coming in phase 3) and you will find that the commission payout is very healthy at 10%. We are always open to adding new wholesale brands and give you the opportunity to request them to be added to our program so you can make passive income on their products through our eShop. They must meet our requirements to qualify but we are open to adding any WHOLESALE (not retailer) that you love. Coming later this spring, we will be adding retailers and their direct programs to our Design in 5 Database with real-time product updates so you can curate your “shop the look” passive income boards in the system with a vast library. Design Kollective will be available at the launch of the Design in 5 app and will provide a 4% commission payout on their products.
Phase One | Available Now!
a) The basic render program
c) eShop product curation & 3D models.
- Curate your favorite products from our partnered vendors and submit them so we can build 3D models for the enterprise library- You will then link these using your affiliate in phase 2 when you create taggable renders to earn a 10% commission when someone purchases based off your design. (More details in the onboarding project).
- Featured Designers get added exposure when they use an eShop product in a render.
- Share your projects and excitement for the program on social media using #eDesignRevolution
- Use this project for your own content & submit the final board at the end of the month (after your new eShop models are loaded and your items are tagged) for added exposure (Featured designers).
a) eShop Launch
b) Affiliate Program Launch
c) Render Program Product Linking
- 3D models are being built right after you make your requests for your favorite items. There are thousands of products coming to the eShop and we will add as many as possible but to begin- we want your favorites for launch! Be our eDesign Tribe Trend Setters 🙂
- Your individual product catalog with URL linking is being custom coded for our platform right now. It will enable you to make a commission from the eShop or partner program, a product you sell on your site, a trade item you want a client to buy- etc.
- You will also officially register for the affiliate program at this time so you can begin referring products.
- This comes at the end of February.
Design in 5 Launch
a) Great for passive income.
b) Quickly send a client a design concept (no photoshop needed).
- Earn a 10% commission on products and not have the shipping/ trade hassle. Or use your own links to invoices to sell trade products using this presentation tool.
- Design in 5 houses a database of products from the eShop (10% affiliate program) and Design Kollective (4%). We are also working to add other retailers this spring.
- Create “shop the look” concept boards in minutes that you can share with a client, social media, email, blog post- anywhere you want to share passive income boards and make referal commissions when someone buys. Each product will automatically generate a link to your affiliate link of the item available for purchase.
- You can upload your own products and links to use in the database to make your own boards. (Clipper not available yet). Use any product or link.